ContempraDance School is the area’s most comprehensive state of the art dance facility with spacious studios including sprung and marley floors, high open ceilings with track lighting, spacious dressing and waiting areas and convenient parking for parents and students with easy access to shopping. ContempraDance School, owned by director Gail Vartanian, offers more then 60 classes per week to adults, teens and children in ballet, jazz, modern, hip hop, tap, funk, break dancing, pre-dance, acrodance, contemporary lyrical, pointe, boys ballet workout, Lil princess creative dance as well as yoga. ContempraDance School is voted the Best of Philly, by Philadelphia magazine, “Best Dance Studio in the Main Line” by Main Line Life and Main Line Times and Nickelodeon’s Parents Pick Choice Award. The School was recently voted 2021’s Best Dance Studio by Main Line Parent’s Love Award and 2022 Family Favorite. The studio offers various levels of classes for dancers from beginners to professionals and is dedicated to providing instruction in a warm and caring environment.
ContempraDance School is the home of the critically acclaimed, ContempraDANCE Theatre Company, a professional Dance Company founded in 1993 by artistic director, Gail Vartanian. The Company performs throughout Philadelphia and surrounding areas. For more information about upcoming performances, check out the company website at ContempraDance Theatre
ContempraDance School has a pre-professional student company, ContempraDance Youth Company formed in September 2003. These dancers range in age from 10-18. They are selected through an audition process and perform throughout the year in ContempraDANCE Theatre’s hilarious holiday spoofs, “Philly-Nutt-Crak-Up”, Youth Regional Dance Festival, Disney World, Competitions and various community events. For more information on the junior division, check out the youth dancers section or call: 610.225.3007.
ContempraDance School offers a variety of birthday parties for all ages… from hip hop to ballet. You name it we have it! Our professional Party Instructors have lots of ideas for you. Feel free to call us anytime!
The party is 2 hours. This includes 1 hour dance instruction, 20 minutes cake/party, 10 minutes freeze dance/games and half hour for the set up and clean up.
The cost is $300.00 for the party. Limit to 14 children. There is an additional $10 fee for over 14. We cap the party at 20 kids.
Please call the studio at 610.225.3007 for more information and to book your party. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students can join a class at anytime during a session and will be charged a
- Classes missed during any payment period can be made up at any time during that period, this includes snow days. Please check with the office when making up classes.
- Any weather related cancellations will be announced on our voicemail. Please call 610.225.3007 for updated information.
- Billing notices will not be sent out. A $25 late fee will be charged for payments made later than the first week of the new payment period.
- There is a $35 charge for any returned checks.
- Sorry, No credits or Refunds!
- Jazz/Musical Theater: Any color leotard or camisole top and black jazz pants.Must wear black jazz shoes. No Sneakers!
- Tap: Black tap shoes, black jazz pants and any color leotard or camisole top.
- Modern/Contemporary: Any color leotard or camisole top with black jazz pants or tights and shorts. Bare feet.
- Hip Hop: White soled sneakers (no black soles, it ruins our dance floor), t-shirt or any color tank top, sweat pants or jazz pants.
- Funk:Jazz sneakers only, any color tank top or short t-shirt, black jazz pants or capris.
- Ballet: Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Hair pulled back in bun away from face.
- Saturday Ballet & Tap class: Black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers and black tap shoes.
- Pre-Dance: Pink leotard (tank, spaghetti strap or short sleeves preferred) , Pink tights, Pink ballet slippers and Black tap shoes. Skirts are only allowed by teachers permission. Please ask your predance teacher before purchasing a skirt or tutu ban
- Boys Ballet: Black shorts, white t shirt and black ballet slippers. Black tap shoes if needed.
Main Line Parent and Philadlephia Family LOVE award. ContempraDance School 2016, 2017, and 2021 LOVE award winner for "Best Dance Studio on the Main Line". 2019 LOVE award "Family Favorite"